* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- Hangeng reveals his real reason for leaving SM & Super Junior, and netizens are upset, read all about it here
- FNC releases mysterious instrumental video
- HyunA gets Troublemaker fans excited with this Instagram pic of the duo reunited in CUBE’s dance room, see here
- SHINee drops Taemin & Onew teaser pics for 5th mini album, “Everybody,” see here
- IU sings over a black and white film for her 4th MV teaser for “Modern Times.”
- Kahi teases her comeback in nothing but a trenchcoat
- Tiny-G is sexing it up for “보고파 (Miss You)” MV teaser.
- Nine Muses has us listen to a mashup of all their songs to tease the October 14th release of their 1st full album, “Prima Donna.” Title song will be “Gun.”
- Mr.Mr introduces fans to their new 6th member, Jiwon
- B2ST’s Doo Joon leader starts off his October by opening an Instagram account, check out all his selcas here
- A 2nd trailer for T.O.P’s upcoming movie, “Alumni,” is released
- Key’s “Everybody” teaser pics released, see here
- IU sits alone in a room to tease another song, “Love of Be” with Park Ju Won, from her upcoming album, “Modern Times.”
- Nine Muses is sitting pretty in picture teaser for upcoming album “Prima Donna,” see here
- G-Dragon asks fans to film his MV for “Who You?” with him via Twitter
“10.5 Who You? I’m the director”
“Everyone, let’s make and film a music video together. October 5 ‘Who You?’. For detailed information, visit my official website. Anticipation, anticipation.”
- AOA reveals concept photos for “Red Motion,” see here
- Kara’s Jiyoung has split personalities for Vogue Girl October 2013, see here
- Kahi reveals she worked with big names for her comeback album, “Who Are You?,” including Jesse J, Dumbfounded, and former After School groupmate, Bekah
- 4minute’s So Hyun, and MBLAQ’s Thunder model in black and white for Vogue Girl October 2013, see here
- Minho’s teaser pics for “Everybody” revealed, see here
- SHINee reveals Jonghyun’s teaser pics, see here
- Boys Republic teases the release of their 1st mini album, “Identity” with video teaser
- AOA releases concept video for “Red Motion.” The girls release their new MV on October 10th, while their album will be released on October 14th
- Lee Seung Gi is cover boy, while Ga Yoon of 4minute is pretty in all pink for Ceci October 2013, see here
- SHINee teases comeback with the release of lyric video for “상사병 (Symptoms)“
- Heo Young Saeng’s agency announces he will enlist on October 31st
“Hello. It’s B2M Entertainment. We would like to inform you that Heo Young Saeng’s enlistment date, which you’ve all been curious about, has been confirmed… Heo Young Saeng will enter training on October 31 at 2 PM KST. Thank you…It is true that Heo Young Saeng will enlist according to his draft notice. Heo Young Saeng received his draft notice this past July and prepared for his upcoming military service.”
- Kahi’s first teaser vid for “Who Are You?” is basically her taking pictures. Still excited tho.
- Huh Gak gets married! He had this to say at the press conference prior to tying the knot:
“I suddenly got married. I’m thankful and sorry to my fans. A lot of people are asking why I’m having a private ceremony closed to media, but it’s not because of me. It’s for my wife who’s not a celebrity. I’d like it if you understood… I’ll work hard singing, and we’ll live well. “
- Seo In Young makes her comeback with the release of her “나를 사랑해줘 (Love Me)” MV featuring Dynamic Duo’s Gaeko
- DSP Media drops a bomb on fans, and announces the departure of Nicole from Kara, and that Jiyoung may be leaving as well to pursue her studies. Read all about it here
- Troublemaker announces comeback for October 24th
“We have established their comeback as Trouble Maker to be made on the October 24 episode of Mnet‘s ‘M! Countdown‘. As it has been a while since they were active as a unit, the both of them are fully engaged in practice and very nervous…They are working hard to make doubly sure that Trouble Maker is as successful as before. It would be good for you to anticipate another concept as wonderful as last time.“
- Topp Dogg announces they will debut on October 24th with the opening of their Official Facebook account, Like their page here
- SM announces they’ll be entering the magazine business by launching their own called “The Celebrity”
- Group teaser pics for SHINee’s comeback album, “Everybody” released, see here
- EXO-K models winter wear for Vol. 111 of High Cut magazine, see here
- SHINee releases Highlight Medley for “Everybody”
- SNSD’s Tiffany rocks a bob, and sneakers for Nylon October 2013, see here
- Jung Sisters, Krystal & Jessica pose together for the October 2013 issue of Harper’s Bazaar magazine, see here
- GD&TOP love a “Bubble Butt,” and they cannot lie as their feature for the remix with Bruno Mars, Tyga and Mystic
- Big Bang’s T.O.P received the Rookie Award the 18th BIFF Asia Star Awards, making him the first Korea celeb to ever receive a reward there
- Nicole takes to Twitter to explain her departure from Kara, but also reveals she wants to remain a member:
“To my dear Kamilia
I’m sorry for making you worry with rumors of our re-contracting and breaking apart … and for hurting you. But I was also surprised and disbelieving at the fact that my departure and contract issues were publicized, just before our Japanese tour. But I wanted to speak my mind about the matter so I’m going to post it here.
The most important thing … I started as a KARA member and I want to see the end as a KARA member. But after reading the articles and interviews saying that I would be switched out from KARA since I wasn’t up for a contract renewal … it was very frustrating and confusing.
I think that my renewal debate with DSP Media is not a renewal as a KARA member, but as an artist. Although I may not be an artist under the company, I hope to find a solution where I can continue with the group I’ve been with since the beginning.
I’m just one person. I don’t think that KARA should change, or be broken apart, because of me. So I thought about splitting up my contracts between me as a KARA member and me in relation to the company, split between my private and public life.
I still have a lot of goals. That’s why I want to re-make myself, while doing my best within KARA. To do that, I feel that I need time and effort … that’s why I decided to not renew my personal contract with DSP, since I wanted to put that effort into my future.
As KARA, we received much love from Kamilia and want to show a better side of us to you, but as this happening escalates and hurts you … it hurts me too. I was hurt by the stories about renewals and member changes. I don’t think that a single person owns KARA. Since I’m a member of KARA and am responsible for the name, I had the same thoughts as above.
But if everyone and representatives of KARA disagree with me and consider this impossible, I will return to a private person by the name of Jung Nicole.
Regardless of my renewal status with the company, I promise to continue promoting as a KARA member. I do, and always will, love KARA and am happy working as a KARA member … and the group is such a big part of my life.
Thank you so much to everyone who loves and supports us …”
- Lydia Paek joins GD on stage for this week’s performance of “R.O.D.” Her stage presence wasn’t what I expected by her vocals were on point.
- DSP Media releases statements saying they have no plans to add members to Kara
“Nicole, who shows no intention of renewing her contract, will have her contract end as scheduled this coming January. Even if Nicole leaves Kara, there are no plans to recruit new member(s)…Given each member’s already established image and popularity, we are hesitant to recruit a new member and reorganize the team. Although there are speculations of possibly recruiting a new member, if you look only at the current situation, the possibility of that happening is considerably low…The final date for their Japanese arena tour has been set for Kobe on November 24. Until the tour ends, all five members will perform on stage together as planned.”
- SHINee puts on showcase for their comeback, and perform “상사병 (Symptoms)” & “Everybody.” While “Everybody” was a jumble of repetition and dubstep, “상사병 (Symptoms)” amazed me.
- AOA reveals pictures from the set of their upcoming MV, see here